Conceptual and procedural schemas and community standards are established to provide a common understanding of the meaning or semantics of data and data pipelines. They are built on sets of vocabulary/ ontology terms which can be used to describe resources for the purposes of discovery. Schema(s)and standard(s) enable structured data management and data exchange between data storage structures. Schema(s) might rely on standard vocabularies. In the MOD-CO context meta-omics-related vocabularies are evaluated.
MOD-CO is developing a conceptual and procedural meta-omics schema published in various kind of schema representations. With that, MOD-CO is providing specifications useful for later software implementation and facilitates international standardisation processes.
Access to MOD-CO schema
- Representation 1: versioned MOD-CO version 1.0 namespace scheme publication (static, snapshot): http://mod-co.net/wiki/MOD-CO_Schema_Reference
- Representation 2: LOD-compliant MOD-CO version 1.0 namespace scheme publication under http://mod-co.net/wiki/MOD-CO with 2,463 'concepts', including 653 concepts (= 'concept classes' according to TDWG-compliant Media-Wiki structure) and 1,810 (predefined) concept values (= ''concept properties' according to TDWG-compliant Media-Wiki structure)
- The editing of concepts etc. for future versions is done in a master installation of DiversityDescriptions with export function.
- The editorial work will be followed by a regular data export and data import in the MOD-CO wiki for web access.
- The "view history" function of each wiki page is used to document the history of published editorial changes and have a documentation of the "issue date" and “modified date” for each single concept page.
- Representation 3: SDD-structured xml zip-archive of MOD-CO version 1.0
- The zip-archive with MODCOschema1.0_SSDstructured.xml is available for download here. This xml representation might be imported in any installation of the DiversityDescriptions application. For download of DiversityDescriptions database and client see http://diversityworkbench.net/Portal/DiversityDescriptions for SDD as a metastandard see Standard Description Download and SDD Schema files SDD1.1rev5.
- It will be available as data publication through GFBio data pipelines with appropriate GFBio parameter assignments and SNSB as GFBio data center.
- Representation 4: two DiversityDescriptions installations at the SNSB IT Center with MOD-CO schema version 1.0, one as read-only access for anonymous DWB users (DWB cloud services) and the other for training and outreach purposes, i.e., integrated in the DWB Training environment.
MOD-CO schema namespace in numbers
see under modco