Conceptual and procedural schemas and community standards are established to provide a common understanding of the meaning or semantics of data and data pipelines. They are built on sets of vocabulary/ ontology terms which can be used to describe resources for the purposes of discovery. Schema(s)and standard(s) enable data exchange between data storage structures. Schema(s) might rely on standard vocabularies. In the MOD-CO context meta-omics-related vocabularies are evaluated.
MOD-CO is developing a conceptual and procedural meta-omics schema published in various kind of schema representations. With that, MOD-CO is providing specifications useful for later software implementation and facilitates international standardisation processes.
Access to MOD-CO schema representations:
- Versioned MOD-CO namespace scheme publication (static, snapshot): http://mod-co.net/wiki/MOD-CO_Schema_Reference
- LOD-compliant MOD-CO namespace scheme publication under http://mod-co.net/wiki/MOD-CO
- The editing of concepts etc. is done in a master installation of DiversityDescriptions with export function.
- The editorial work is followed by a regular data export and data import in the MOD-CO wiki for web access.
- The "view history" function of each wiki page is used to document the history of published editorial changes and have a documentation of the "issue date" and “modified date” for each single concept page.
- SDD-structured xml zip-archive uploaded under http://www.mod-co.net/wiki/Special:Upload . For download of DiversityDescriptions database and client see http://diversityworkbench.net/Portal/DiversityDescriptions.
- Model for generic schema development with DD Training under DWB Training environment ***?sinnvoll***